At Ide Lane Surgery we are committed to providing a high standard of primary care.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously
- You have a right to confidentiality
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent
- You will be seen by your own doctor whenever possible
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 30 minutes for your appointment
- You will be referred to a specialist when your GP thinks it necessary
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request - a little longer if it is sent to the chemist
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly in adherence with the practice complaints protocol.
Your responsibility to us:
- Treat all surgery staff with the respect.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself
- Tell us of any change of name or address, so that our records are accurate
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are too ill to attend surgery.
- Cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed.
- Please allow sufficient time for letters or the results of any tests to reach us.
- Use the tear off slip to request your repeat prescription whenever possible. Please attend for review, when asked, before your next prescription is due
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you
- We would, of course, be pleased to hear when you feel praise is due.